Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Happy New year
(From my little man at his party)
123951_4.jpg

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My little man is such a sweetheart. I had a little too much fun last night so I wasn't feeling to good this morning, the first thing silas told me when he got home from his friends was that he was going to take care of me.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So we are trying to figure out what to plant this year.
So far we are going to plant corn - a sweet and I want to try to plant indian corn this year. Tomatoes- roma and maybe a cherry. Peppers - of course jalapeno and possibly bell. I might plant broccoli again but I'm not quite sure yet.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Be very careful re: your corn choices, planting dates, and silk dates. if you plant an Indian corn with certain varieties of sweet corn, and they silk at the same time, you will render the sweet corn to be totally un-sweet and very starchy.

If you have space or soil limitations, but plenty of water access, consider hay or straw bale gardening. If water is a limiting factor, consider deep mulch or Back to Eden gardening.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Be very careful re: your corn choices, planting dates, and silk dates. if you plant an Indian corn with certain varieties of sweet corn, and they silk at the same time, you will render the sweet corn to be totally un-sweet and very starchy.

If you have space or soil limitations, but plenty of water access, consider hay or straw bale gardening. If water is a limiting factor, consider deep mulch or Back to Eden gardening.
Thanks for the advice I still need to do some research to see exactly what I'm planting.