rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The joys of school starting soon. Because my little man didn't go to school till noon all last year his bed time has been at 9:30. Well he starts kindergarten this month so his bed time got bumped down to 8:30 and has been like that for a few days now. Well he wants to stay up till 9:30 still so its a fight to get him to bed and then when I finally do he will sneek down stairs and try to watch a movie with me.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Are you getting him up early? At the time he will need to get up to get ready for school? That, plus a vigorous day of outdoor activity, and a warm (or even a cool one!) bath or shower before bed just might help him reset his clock.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'll try that. I also need to call the school when the office it's finally open and see who his teacher is. For some reason the letter didn't get sent to us.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Absolutely, get him UP EARLIER. As LG said, "reset his clock". It will take a couple weeks, so good you are starting now. Hope he is enthused about going to school.

Once up, get him into habit of dressing & eating right away -- not couch potato until after that. Otherwise, yep, a panic to be ready for the bus.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
He can't wait for school, he loves it so much. And the good that is right now we live a block away from the school so if he wants to walk to school he can.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So my boyfriend was talking to one of the girls that work in the office at the school (perks of working at the only restaurant in town you see everyone). She was shocked that we didn't get his letter for school. So at least i know he will be in school. But we are going to go in to the office on Monday and see what is up.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A little bit of a garden update. Silas's garden being a container garden is doing good but not grate.
0802191735a.jpg
The Strawberries are doing good. Ignore the wilt i may have forgot to water them for a few days.
0802191735.jpg
The big garden is doing amazing. The tomato plants are loaded with tomatoes. In a few days i should be picking them.
0802191752.jpg 0802191755.jpg

Latest posts