rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If I could find a way to ship baked goods and keep them fresh I would.

this time of the year it is still cool enough that if you freeze items that are able to withstand being frozen and then package them up and surround them by newspapers or some other insulator they will likely arrive in good enough condition.

i would have Mom send me eggrolls from our favorite chinese place here when i was way upnorth and they'd arrive still mostly frozen. dang, i'm hungry... :)

as for distribution locally we have some well known places that love whatever we can come up with and are glad to get them. it works out well and saves me about 20lbs a year.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So we are trying to make a Sunday tradition of waffle brakefast with our extremely large family. So I get to spend all week getting my house back in order after having 6 kids running around. But I love it. 0308200951.jpg

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would love to have a family tradition like that. Even if it was just once a month.
I hope to have a Sunday dinner at least once a month this summer with my family. Don't think it will happen though.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well my little man is home for at least 3 weeks all the schools in Wyoming are closing. On top of that I just started working part time at the restaurant again so now I get to call in the morning and tell them I can't work for 3 weeks.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well the school sent home worksheets and the iPads the kids use in school so we can "homeschool" our kids for the 3 weeks. The town is also providing free breakfast and lunch for anyone under 18.

same here. no ipads tho