rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No but it is the smart wash. I haven't used it yet but it's supposed to shorten the drying time.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have one similar to that, but about 8 years old. I have a problem with it soaking the carpet and pad really bad, then it takes a couple of days to dry completely. It does get it clean though. When I bought it, I was told that it leaves the carpet almost dry to the touch and only takes a couple of hours to dry completely.

Try not to run it too many times over the same area so it doesn't soak it too badly. If it still seems dirty, vacuum a couple of times before washing again.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I have a big juniper in my yard that the grass wont grow under so I'm trying to figure out what to plant. I was thinking maybe sunflowers but I don't know how well they will grow. (I am wanting to put a patio under it but that wont be for another year.) I'm also going to put my containers for my potatoes and other plants over there because it is the only spot big enough for it.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Shade-tolerant potted plants should do well there. Leafy greens and root crops are more shade-tolerant garden veg.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Shade-tolerant potted plants should do well there. Leafy greens and root crops are more shade-tolerant garden veg.
Ok I'll try that. I'm going to relay be buckling down on what I plant this year there is a rumor going around that the Governor of Wyoming is going to close our borders which is going to relay hurt us if it happens. They are also saying that the schools might be closed down till January next year. In our small community if the schools are closed that lone there is a small chance of them opening again.

Last edited:

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So we went fishing last night. It was nice to get out of town with some friends. We only caught two carp but we did see a beaver. (Hard to see but he is at the water edge to the left of the pole.)
20200321_184352.jpg

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well we had some Italian chili peppers in our freezer that a friend gave us. I needed to free up some space so I am dehydrating them and grinding them (free chili flakes). I'll tell you this though if you get some of the powder up your nose it burns.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I did the math once I get all of my garden beds and "planters" going I will have about 77 square feet. I'm using my sons large hard plastic swimming pool as a garden (a hole got warn in the bottom of it and I'm tired of patching it.) I will buy them a new one this year ant then when that one wares out it will tern into a garden bed too. Now I just need to figure out how much soil I need to buy and everything else.

Latest posts