ROFLMBO...Yellow jacket's nest leads to busted nose!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
So, my DH started bushhogging today. I was in the kitchen cleaning windows. DS is at a friend's house riding 4 wheelers.

I looked out my freshly scrubbed window and DH is flying through the back yard and down the driveway on the tractor. So, first thing that goes through my mind is that DS has wrecked and we need to meet him at the emergency room. (Thank God it wasn't that!) My DH opens the kitchen door and his nose is dripping, I mean dripping blood. He said "I ran over a yellow jacket's nest." I ask him is they stung him so many times that it caused his nose to bleed. :rolleyes:
"No," he said. "I was swatting them away and I hit myself in the *&^&* nose and busted it!"

I laughed so hard that I had a hard time finding some tissue. He's OK, tho'. We walked up and found the nest, and boy, was it a doosey! He carefully poured gas down the hole. You could have stuck 2 garden hoses in it.

He's on the couch snoozn' right now. Poor baby. He did have a rough day. :lol:

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
poor guy, sounds like he does need to relax after such a rough day

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That's one that will be brought up in the future for years to come!! ;) Hate a yellow jacket! :/ You can always tell everyone that he gave you some lip and you had to put him in his place! :lol:

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
That's one that will be brought up in the future for years to come!! ;) Hate a yellow jacket! :/ You can always tell everyone that he gave you some lip and you had to put him in his place! :lol:
I ask him could I tell people that I did it if his eye turns black. He said that would be less embarassing. :lol:

As far as the yellow jackets, we've had tons this year...more than I can ever remember. Strange that they don't seem to be very aggresive. He got swarmed pretty good but not stung.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
OH yellow jackets are nasty this time of year!

Glad you DH is ok. He will laugh about it someday!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
His nose must be OK. He's snoring so loud on the couch that the ceiling is sagging. :lol:

Quail, we haven't been able to eat outside this fall. They are on everything. It may be partly because it's so dry here lately. Seems like everytime we turn some dirt over, BAM, they are all over it. BTW--loved your pic of you, your DH and brand new DS on the other thread.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Wow He must have a pretty strong swat...I have to say that is funny!:>) But not so funny for him...
He is a big strong guy--just not a very good aim. :rolleyes:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
punkin said:
His nose must be OK. He's snoring so loud on the couch that the ceiling is sagging. :lol:

Quail, we haven't been able to eat outside this fall. They are on everything. It may be partly because it's so dry here lately. Seems like everytime we turn some dirt over, BAM, they are all over it. BTW--loved your pic of you, your DH and brand new DS on the other thread.
Glad his nose is Ok!

If my DH gets stung, it is deadly for him. We have to keep and epipen on hand.

Thanks! My nurse took that pic for us. I am debating on putting the kids pics there, or not. I have this weird quirk about not putting my kids on the net. :/