ROFLMBO...Yellow jacket's nest leads to busted nose!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
punkin said:
His nose must be OK. He's snoring so loud on the couch that the ceiling is sagging. :lol:

Quail, we haven't been able to eat outside this fall. They are on everything. It may be partly because it's so dry here lately. Seems like everytime we turn some dirt over, BAM, they are all over it. BTW--loved your pic of you, your DH and brand new DS on the other thread.
Glad his nose is Ok!

If my DH gets stung, it is deadly for him. We have to keep and epipen on hand.

Thanks! My nurse took that pic for us. I am debating on putting the kids pics there, or not. I have this weird quirk about not putting my kids on the net. :/
Ouch! Just reading the word "epipen" gives me the willies. I would probably pass on over before I got the guts to jab that thing in my body. I hate needles! :rolleyes:
I completly understand about the kid thing, especially since they are little. Don't do anything you're not comfortable with. My DH didn't want me to post our pic, but you see how that went.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
punkin
glad he is OK
been there, had trouble with yellow jacket nests...ugh
ran over one while mowing, Tony took care of them fast..LOL

be careful! :)

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Yellow jackets are painful stings. I had one just a few feet from my front door for a couple of months this summer- I was very careful not to aggrevate them but some wild creature must have as the nest was torn wide open one day.
I think they must overwinter in the ground and your hubby woke them up- probably too lethargic to be really aggresive at this time of the year, maybe................

It's lucky he didn't have to go to the emergency room- and explain how he got hurt- that would have certainly made the breakroom story of the day.lol

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Actually, today the bridge of his nose is swollen some, but no black eyes. He said it is pretty sore. He was a good sport about it at church, tellin' his story. He did reach up to scratch his nose, forgetting it is so tender. Ouch!

Latest posts