Roosters, chicks, chicken eggs in NM

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Anyone looking for some roosters? I always have plenty for sale or trade. I also offer Easter Egger eggs that can be mailed, and Easter Egger chicks, pickup only no mailing.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
how much for the eggs, and do you thinnk they will ship ok to iowa?

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
the funny farm6 said:
how much for the eggs, and do you thinnk they will ship ok to iowa?
Wow, I didnt see this til now, I'm sorry. Right now my girls aren't laying, of course! lol But when they do lay again, it'll be $10/dozen, but I am not sure of the shipping yet- it keeps going up, and I dont know what it'll be when they begin to lay again. Sorry!

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I could help you out if we were closer. Well, if you don't eat your extra roos, then I can only suggest that certain ethnic groups seem to stay close to their traditional ways and you can appeal to them for possible help. To a very large extent, my customers consist mainly of asians and Latin Americans, as far as meat customers go. Don't 'give' away your roos.....these people want your live animals more than they want the dead stuff in the meat dept.
I sell my unwanted roos, but I make sure I get a decent price and if I can't, I eat em myself. I have no desire to eat steriod and antibiotic filled, bleach washed chicken meat, if I don't have to.
I am also incubating now, but I don't expect a good rate this go round.....too many cold spells. Just plugged in the hatcher, cuz I need to start lockdown for the chicken eggs.

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
rhoda_bruce said:
I could help you out if we were closer. Well, if you don't eat your extra roos, then I can only suggest that certain ethnic groups seem to stay close to their traditional ways and you can appeal to them for possible help. To a very large extent, my customers consist mainly of asians and Latin Americans, as far as meat customers go. Don't 'give' away your roos.....these people want your live animals more than they want the dead stuff in the meat dept.
I sell my unwanted roos, but I make sure I get a decent price and if I can't, I eat em myself. I have no desire to eat steriod and antibiotic filled, bleach washed chicken meat, if I don't have to.
I am also incubating now, but I don't expect a good rate this go round.....too many cold spells. Just plugged in the hatcher, cuz I need to start lockdown for the chicken eggs.
We do eat them, and I never give them away :) But they eat a lot, and Id rather feed hens- I can tell when they are quite young that they are roosters, and they are far too small to eat at that age, so if I can get rid of them as soon as I know what they are, I dont have to feed them :) I sell them to the "ethnic groups", but I hatch out a LOT of them! lol