Safelinkwireless.com read on::::

DixieDame67

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hello ,

Just thought i would pass along that address and i will explain, SafeLink Wireless is a goverment funded program to help people who are retired , low income etc.....get a free cell phone with an alloted amount of minutes per month to use, It's geared towards helping people who can't otherwise afford a cell phone and costly contracts involved, you can also purchase additional minutes if needed, I did this for my parents and some friends who are low income, just enter your zip code at the website see if it's offered in your area, I work for AT&T wireless (Shhhhh) and daily amazed at the amount of money people spend on cell phones, my neighbor got one shes on disability and was given 68 minutes per month, now it's nothing fancy but it's available so why not take advantage of it, if you qualify.....Hope this might help someone in need Karin ;)

DixieDame67

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
TY 2dream, this is a great forum , so glad i found it through BYC forum i belong to....

DixieDame67

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that enjoy the ride , are you from Cell One? I well i do work there, but im about as simple as they come, even though im educated i still choose to live a simple life, at this point i can say , it's a good company to work for and benefits are incredible so i have to say im thankful every day that i have a job to go to....but if i can be of any assistance , feel free to email me ill do my best to answer any questions and if i can't ill find the answers

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Thanks- I checked the site but it only covers 4 states out east. I have Edge Wireless which was bought by AT&T.
My coverage was very limited but only cost $11/mo. The reason I have it was that I'm pretty isolated here and phone service can be out a couple of weeks or more each year. That and the road I drive has been know to scare professional truck drivers. :D

As it is, even though most months of the year, I don't even use any minutes, I don't suppose I am profitable to them. I just am too cheap to spend much money on it.

DixieDame67

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
LOL i hear ya, my dad and brothers are truck drivers, so you don't have to tell me nothin about a scary road to travel...they left me here in Tennessee, cuz well ima nature girl, with no sense of direction, teehee....but if i find any other good deals where your service is concerned ill surely let you know....Peace :)