Salt Soap!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just thought of something else though... You can make sugar cubes with melt and pour soap! I'm sure you could do salt cubes as well, I just haven't done the research. Let me see if I can find the tutorial on it... And, I did actually find one with CP soap shreds... I've heard that they're difficult to work with though, so that's a kind of experiment at your own risk thing.

CP/HP Soap shreds the 1-2-3's Method
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 1-2-3's are measured in parts. This way you can resize the recipe as you need.

1 TBS - Oils/Butters total
2 TBS - CP/HP Soap Shreds (chopped fine)
3 TBS - Sugars (I mix white and raw sugars for texture)

- In a microwave safe container, combine Oils with Soap (and colorant) and heat in short bursts. Stir in-between bursts until the mix is smooth but not burnt.
(you can add a little of the sugar in this to make the base more compliant in the next step)

- To your hot base add the Sugar.
3 TBS if half your oils are hard butters
4 TBS if your oils are all liquid
5 TBS if your oils are all Thin liquids or if you want a super crumbly cube.

- Quickly add the FO/EO after the sugar is starting to incorporate and cool down the mix

- Mix until the batch looks like a dough ball of sorts. If it's not a dough ball then your bars may not firm up as well.
(- Please note that if you added mostly hard butters the batch should still look like a dough ball but softer and less firm until completely cooled. -)

- Put the mix into your mold. (i like silicone molds and use a stainless spoon for smoothing the tops of my cubes while in the mold)

- Put the mold into the freezer for about 5 to 10 minutes then pop out and let air dry for a day or so before storing in a dry and preferably airtight container.

((( Preservative may be added if you personally feel you want to but it is not usually necessary in this anhydrous formula. I do occasionally use the Optiphen preservative with these cubes for my own various personal reasons )))