Salvaged wooden shed

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My job is building portable buildings(sheds) and things of that nature. Today we had to remove an existing 8x10 wooden shed to get ready to build a new metal one in a customers backyard. The floor of his existing shed was completely rotted away, but the framework of 2x4 construction was still in pretty good shape. Instead of just wrecking the whole thing quickly and cleaning up, we cut the frame into 3 transportable sections and moved it to Malcolm(one of my partners) house for him to scab back together. So we managed to recycle most of the waste, and my partner will have himself a free shed!!!! Plus, I got a couple of 10' treated 4x4's and a new patio umbrella that the customer was going to throw out(its PINK flower patterned, but better than the one I had before...didn't have one at all lol).

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Hopefully Laura appreciates pink flowers! Great free shed! I sure could use one....then I could get more critters! :p

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I plan to use the 4x4's as the base of my garden fence. I'm going to make a picket fence around it to keep the chickens out.

I think my partner and I can scrounge up enough sheet metal at work to cover the whole shed. We get packages of sheet metal, and it has cover sheets, which have small flaws(infintesimal scratches, small dents), so they use these to cover the quality stuff. Just today I cleaned out my shop area of the cover sheets that have accumalted, and there was enough to build several barns...big barns. There were several dozen 16' sheets, dozens more 8' and 10', and then a bunch of 4 and 5' ones. The store sells these for $1 apiece!!! So if any of ya'll live within driving distance of Ardmore OK and are needing cheap sheet metal or other building products, come down to Builder Bobs in Ardmore(shameless plug lol).

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WOW! I sure wish I was there...in OK right now. I was just priceing the 16 ft sheets to replace my coops roof....$22.00 a sheet!!! I need at LEAST 10 of them. At that price, I would be cheaper to buy more buckets, to catch the drips. :lol: