Samssimonsays everydays and what not

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you! I am excited and really needed a little bit of sunshine after a pretty crummy start to the year. My mom and I are making the 14+ hour round trip to get them and making it a girls trip. After laying my grandmother to rest this past weekend, we both need this.

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank y'all. Been a rough few weeks. My grandma passed, then I got sick with a cold, turned to bronchitis and then warped clear into pneumonia. :rolleyes: Did I forget to mention I had NO clue ducks couldn't have bread and we lost both of ours due to it? (I'm assuming as I gave them and the chickens bread and 8 days later both died within hours of each other)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Don't know how I missed about your gramma passing...but :hugs

I've seen ducks eat bread a zillion times so maybe it was something else? I don't really know though cuz I'm not a duck person. But at every park that has water I've seen people throwing tons of bread to the ducks...:hu

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Don't know how I missed about your gramma passing...but :hugs

I've seen ducks eat bread a zillion times so maybe it was something else? I don't really know though cuz I'm not a duck person. But at every park that has water I've seen people throwing tons of bread to the ducks...:hu
Thank you :hugs And I know! I do too.... But they had been free ranging only acouple times yet before it happened and we hadn't given them anything new. Fruits veggies and scraps basically along with the chickens. I ordered new ducklings and they will not be living with the chickens...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A lot of places have signs now asking people to not feed the ducks. It's bad for them, but I gave mine bread on occasion and they were fine.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Bread fed in moderation won't kill them. It's not good for them, but it won't kill them. I'm sorry to hear about your losses and you getting so sick :hugs