Sarah Palin & Turkeygate

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Ok, this is not meant to be political in ANY way. That being said, has anyone else been following the hubbub over Sarah Palin's interview, after giving a turkey pardon. She's standing in the left side of the frame, and in the right background a turkey is being slaughtered.

Where do these people think that the turkey that they eat come from? Are people really this disconnected to their food?

The headlines at the news outlets and web sites are priceless.

BBC "Palin pardon amid turkey butchery"

USA Today "Palin talks turkey while workers slaughter one in the background"

ABC "Palin pardons turkey while others slaughtered"

ABC "Palin Interviewed Amid Slaughter"

San Jose Mercury News "Sarah Palin demonstrates circle of life in turkey snuff video"

SFist (San Francisco'ist Web Site) "Sarah Palin Gives Interview with Blood-Drenched Background"

NBC Philadelphia "Fowl Video: Turkeys Killed While Palin Talks"

Gawker "Sarah Palin Watches Turkeys Die, For Fun"

Jackson Free Press "When Sarah talks, turkeys die"

My Daily News "Sarah Palin talks turkey during shocking video"

LA Times blog by Elizabeth Snead "What she does not know is that at least two helpless turkeys are being slaughtered alive in the background, their legs wiggling as their heads are stuffed into a grinder by a smiling camera-hog executioner."

The "grinder was actually a kill cone"

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Yes I saw all those headlines - read one article and shook my head.

Nice never makes news. If it is nice the news media trys to make it not nice. Blood, guts, gore, gossip are all the things that sell.....so I just try not to pay much attention to it. And people like me who don't pay attention are probably whats wrong with the world today. To many special interest groups screaming so loud that the news media could not ignore them if they wanted to.....which by the way they don't want to ignore them. While people who feed the multitudes are constantly being battered and beat up. And those same people are way to busy suppling all that demanded stuff to be able to go out and scream about the injustice of it all.

My two favorite sayings lately have been "Some people have way to much time on their hands" and "Some people have way to much disposable income".

Apparently I am working myself to death to see to it that those people continue to have plenty of both while I scrape by.

I have pretty much reached a point in my life where I not only refuse to watch mainstream tv but I no longer want to read the news. I have to much trouble trying to figure out which bad negative reports have the most lies in them.

Sorry, I think I just had a rambling rant on your thread.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
2dream said:
mainstream tv
I think you misspelled lamestream
evil.gif

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, what I would like to know is how many of THEM plan to EAT turkey on Thursday. Where do they think their gobbler from the frozen section comes from? a plastic factory? :rolleyes:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LA Times blog by Elizabeth Snead "What she does not know is that at least two helpless turkeys are being slaughtered alive in the background, their legs wiggling as their heads are stuffed into a grinder by a smiling camera-hog executioner."

*****are being slaughtered alive

I guess you can't salughter them dead?

honest to goodness, people are friggin' insane!
hmm..how does LIVE food get to your table.

we are SO OFF reality when it comes to meat foods.
what is wrong with people? please, I can't stand it anymore!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Off the cuff it is pretty humorous, but when you think a little harder on it....how sad that we are all so disconnected from our food.

This country is in for real trouble if & when TSHTF. Ok, well maybe not ALL of us :coolsun

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know what it's like to see animals slaughtered and feel pity for them. When I started out being self sufficient I had chickens to kill and it was sooooo hard for me. I had to learn to seperate myself from the act and remember that the chickens are there for food and to just do it.

It's true that the majority of people don't even know how their food gets to their table. When they find out they are shocked. But it's wrong for the media to do this to Sarah or anyone else. The butchering of turkeys, chickens, pigs etc is part of survival. Most people don't realize it because they buy meat wrapped up in neat little packages.

I get tired of the media making mountains out of mole hills too. I studied journalism in college and we were taught to never offer up our opinion in the matters we covered. We were to remain neutral at all costs. Now days advertisers and editors create news. It's what people want. I am disappointed in the media, it's been going steadily downhill for the past 15 years or so. I can point back to the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal as the start of all this crap.

Sarah Palin is just the media's whipping boy for now, in a few months when the media find someone else to push around they will. I pity that person as well. It's a nightmare that freedom of speech can cost someone their reputation even if they haven't done anything wrong.

Nyappy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
"What she does not know is that at least two helpless turkeys are being slaughtered alive in the background, their legs wiggling as their heads are stuffed into a grinder by a smiling camera-hog executioner."
Didn't they just put it in a cone so its not flopping around to much and its easier for the blood to drain?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Nyappy said:
"What she does not know is that at least two helpless turkeys are being slaughtered alive in the background, their legs wiggling as their heads are stuffed into a grinder by a smiling camera-hog executioner."
Didn't they just put it in a cone so its not flopping around to much and its easier for the blood to drain?
Yep. It was put in a cone, but you could see it's feet moving. Oh the humanity!:rolleyes:

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I can't get over the way the media keeps hounding the things she does. Gee whiz get a life and leave her alone. Enough is enough.
I don't know where people think the turkeys, chicken, beef or pork comes from. It doesn't start in the stores. How do they think it gets to their tables, walking and gobbling and then it commits sucicide? Somebody has to do the dirty work. Give her a break.
Nothing political here. Just wish the media would find something else to talk about.