- Sausage recipes??

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow SKR8PN, thanks for those!! I will be doing these in the near future...so I will let you all know. Thanks again!

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Any one have a tried and true for Green Chili Chorizo?? My husbands favorite. I have tried a few recipes but they are just not quite the same taste as the farmers market guys I have been buying, I just hate paying 6.50 a pound for it.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
dirty rice loaded with fresh sausage
Tony loves this

omlettes-----crumble a bunch of that sausage
it is added in crumbles to omlettes, etc. etc.

meatloaf is best with some pork in it. adds that extra boost flavor

sausage meatballs---add small balls into spaghetti---delish

sausage gravy biscuits

thin, very thin sausage patty added into a regular hamburger. It makes a double decker and the flavor boost is insane and delish

Roll your own links. Yup I take ground sausage and instead of making a patty, I make a rolled link. Finger FOOD!!!

make alot of crumble packages. add to pizza or anything you want that great meat taste boost into the recipe.

Hattie the Hen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:frow :frow

I thought you might be interested in these recipes for various unusually flavoured sausages.

http://aroundbritainwithapaunch.blogspot.com/

You need to scroll right down beyond the 'Cheeky Pig Wellington' (which incidentally looks delicious & I am definitely going to try them) to

WEDNESDAY, 13 JANUARY 2010

Mince Pie and Brandy Butter Sausages

Then keep trawling on downwards for more & more.

This blog is brilliant as the photos are great as well as the recipes. He & his partner also revue Gastro-pubs & restaurants around Britain (& elsewhere). You will find those links on the right-hand side of the page.
I subscribe to this blog as it is one of the best in the UK. I hope you will enjoy it too. :p

Hattie

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Hattie, those recipes are brilliant! I have saved them and chosen two to try when I am able. I have never seen the pigs cheeks in the US, but then again I don't venture much past the bargain stores.

I enjoyed so much the writing style. I don't know where the US has gone wrong with ours, but I simply adore the British use of language and bits of underlying humor. We are Scots, and my late grandfather was a classic. Reading that blog reminded me of him and the twinkle in his eye when he would sneak in a bit of humor when no one was looking (or understanding).

Latest posts