Save money in depressed times----

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think it's time as Americans to give little tips on how to stretch the dollar. There are literally 1000's of ways to save money; like for instance, If yu ever go out to dine only eat 1/2 the meal and save the other 1/2 for a lunch.

To get the ball rolling, this is my input that most people won't think of. So again, feel free to post any ways you know in how to save a dollar.

1- After every meal, eat 2-3 napkins for dessert, this will save you on buying toilet paper :lol:

2- Make shoes last twice as long. wear only every other day. go barefoot in between

come on ya'll --add some others

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
I'll buy into the napkin part as long as there are no strings attached j/k

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Why use a restroom at all? What's wrong w/the woods and the leaves? (Just make sure you don't grab poison ivy, oak or sumac!)

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Just make sure you don't grab poison ivy, oak or sumac!)
Just remember ; Leaves of three (3) leave them be

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
use no water or dish soap

lick plates clean and put up in cabinet for next meal

nikki4612

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My best money saving hint is to change your approach to beauty products. Your hair will look much better, healthier, and you'll lower your exposure to cancer causing chemicals if you stop washng your hair with shampoo daily. Rinse daily and air dry. Wash twice a week. Do you know that even as recently as the 1960s, people didn't wash their hair daily. The big hair days of the 1970s ushered in the idea of daily shampooing. To achieve those big hair styles, your hair needed to be dried out and brittle. Nobody said it was going to make your hair shiny and healhy, only big.

If you don't want gray hair, stop coloring your hair and keep the gray away internally. Eat raw almonds. You can search the web for gray hair, folic acid and PABA. You'll find all the science behind it. I just know I have way less gray than everyone I know my age.

Hope these help.

Nikki

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Play by mountain man rules - wash once in the spring and then again in the fall, seems to have worked for the last many thousands of years,,, Didn't have ebola or aids back then, and the black plague doesn't count as that was caused by unemployed occupy wall street engineers.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think some of that grey hair is heredity. I found my first grey hair at 15 yrs. old, two of my three kids found their first grey hair at the same age.

Both my parents were premature grey. But hey, if it works for you, more power to ya! :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
use no water or dish soap

lick plates clean and put up in cabinet for next meal
No no NO...you let the dog lick the plate so it gets fed too. No need to be greedy :rolleyes:

:lol: