Saw this and thought I'd share....

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Interesting article BB! I am a little surprised he is saying 2013, instead of the end of this year. Bernanke spoke before Congress the other day and, besides a lot of CYA stuff, he indicated that nothing else could be done for our economy. Basically, QE-whatever number we're up to won't help and any attempts at austerity here would be a disaster. One of those 'damned if you do and damned if you don't' type of speeches. A congressman flipped out on him and told him to get to work, figure out a solution :rolleyes:

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This article agrees with several others I have read. That is why we are working hard to get ready asap!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I have been assuming a situation like this would become apparent, but what shakes me the most is that this is out in the open. The public knows about it, so I take that as a bad sign. Especially on a highly trafficed website like Yahoo....but you should all be doing what we can right now...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, I guess I'd better get myself down to the corner store and donate a dollar to the redneck retirement fund. (lottery ticket) I just know I will win and then I can get me a Swiss bank account and accounts in the Cayman Islands and mebbe even an Ireland citizenship. :lol:

Really, stock up on all the food stuffs you can lay hands on, tools, clothing, any and every thing you might need for an extended period. Even a little bit beats nothing. Ummmm....... my needs are coffee, chocolate, toilet paper (leaves leave a LOT to be desired) coffee, sugar, more coffee and did I mention coffee???????

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
i love you all. and am glad i found this place.... nothing like knowing like minded people... who arent afraid to face reality.....

edit: is their a manual that this forum has put together????

i just purchased a food saver machine, dehydrator, and canner.

The dehydrator has been wonderful, but i am realizing that i can use all 3 to perfection.

Grow your own food, more than you can eat, sale some, can some, dehydrate some...

Boy i have alot to learn..

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
baymule said:
Well, I guess I'd better get myself down to the corner store and donate a dollar to the redneck retirement fund. (lottery ticket) I just know I will win and then I can get me a Swiss bank account and accounts in the Cayman Islands and mebbe even an Ireland citizenship. :lol:

Really, stock up on all the food stuffs you can lay hands on, tools, clothing, any and every thing you might need for an extended period. Even a little bit beats nothing. Ummmm....... my needs are coffee, chocolate, toilet paper (leaves leave a LOT to be desired) coffee, sugar, more coffee and did I mention coffee???????
get a fig tree. those leaves are big enough for the job....lol, they may be a bit irritating though. ouch!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Or grow mullein, aka hunter's toilet paper. :D

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mullein is the original backwoods Charmin. :lol:

I've been picking figs and just brushing against the leaves is an itch-fest, gives me the creeps thinking about intentionally rubbing them in tender spots. :lol: :lol: :lol: