Saying HELLO from Georgia

Giljomo

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, I am typically a lurker. Today, I read Free's Piggy Thread and felt I have just gotta stop and join and post. I too am interested in raising little piggies. I have many concerns. It would be my first livestock. That's a big plung, I know. But after reading Free's posts I was terribly excited and it relieved some of my doubts. I am really excited about this forum and hope to be a contibutor. Well, let me go and see what you all are saying about chickens.:)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome. I've had pigs since about September and they're growing like weeds! They are a lot of fun. Hope you get yours soon!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome from South Jersey. I haven't had pigs yet, but I do like my chickens.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:frow Welcome from Kansas!

I keep thinking about a piggy...but I'm afraid when it's time to butcher, I'll end up with a 800 lb. pet that's named Kevin Bacon.

Giljomo

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes. I am hoping to be able to contribute, ufl, I am just getting started in this new adventure of mine. I've always had the desire and the interest, but with being a mom and a wife, I found myself putting everyone elses interest ahead of my own.

Now that I am on my own, I can do what I want to do. And that means playing in the dirt and raising animals.

Not really sure how much I should say about myself, I guess I'll just let it flow when it flows.

Thanks all.