Score! Canning Jars

Something Cool

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Found these guys on sale 8.99 for WM pints per case, 9.99 WM quarts per case.

While loading up an older couple approached and asked if I needed more? Picking up 200 quarts and 70-80 pints Friday when I have room! Tried giving them money and they refused. Said I have to take all of them though.

20210215_124854.jpg

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is great that they were so nice to offer. Probably don't do much or any canning anymore. So, if they won't take any money, take them some canned stuff when you do it this next year.... and slip a gift card in for WM if they look like they might be able to use the extra when you go pick the jars up. They are probably grateful to be able to find someone to use them and they don't need to be storing them. And I bet they would appreciate a few home made things if they grew up on them. Now to find the lids.....
I find jars at the Goodwill store but they want .50 to 1.00 a piece and anything over .50 is too much.

Something Cool

Power Conserver
Reaction score
That is great that they were so nice to offer. Probably don't do much or any canning anymore. So, if they won't take any money, take them some canned stuff when you do it this next year.... and slip a gift card in for WM if they look like they might be able to use the extra when you go pick the jars up. They are probably grateful to be able to find someone to use them and they don't need to be storing them. And I bet they would appreciate a few home made things if they grew up on them. Now to find the lids.....
I find jars at the Goodwill store but they want .50 to 1.00 a piece and anything over .50 is too much.
I have 500 each of the reusable lids with rubber. I also have several thousand metal ball lids. Went in with my father in law a few years back (7-8?) And bought a pile at just under .05 each.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
they've been on the shelf recently along with some jars. not fully restocked but better than it was last summer/fall.

Something Cool

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Call Lehmans and get in on this years bulk run.

I'm prepping for canning now, while nobody else is.

Powder, primers and ammo in general is much harder to find around here.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been looking for wide mouth lids for my uncle. I currently have enough lids for my needs for probably 2 years. No lids here. Have seen lids and rings.