Score! Canning Jars

Something Cool

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well..... there's more than 200. I had a car full, and have about this much again more to get next week. Mix of quarts and pints. Wide and Std mouth.

I gave him 60 bucks and told him to buy his wife a nice dinner or something. I thought he was going to cry.

Something Cool

Power Conserver
Reaction score
20210219_104110.jpg

Hard to tell from glare, but this is my Jetta wagon (don't judge TDI gets 40mpg) stacked front to back with jars. Two boxes full on passenger seat too.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good for you. That is really great of you to give him the money.... you still made out good, and they will be appreciative. Nice to get a "haul " like that.....

Don't blame you for a vehicle that gets good mileage.... Gas went up here today another $.10 a gallon.... I filled up at the one station that hadn't gone up yet this morning... but it was up when I came back through around noon. Diesel is over 3.00 gal everywhere now.

Something Cool

Power Conserver
Reaction score
He asked what I was driving when he gave me directions. When I told him he chuckled and said he didn't think I would get very many in it. After I loaded up this batch he said 'Ya know.... I'll have to rethink making fun of these things. Would have bet good money only a half dozen of these totes would have fit.'

I like them.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had a 2003 Ford Focus wagon. I treated that car so bad. I'd go to the feed store and load it down. It would carry 500 pounds easy, but kinda wallowed at 750 pounds. I tied square bales on top.

Something Cool

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I had a 2003 Ford Focus wagon. I treated that car so bad. I'd go to the feed store and load it down. It would carry 500 pounds easy, but kinda wallowed at 750 pounds. I tied square bales on top.
2 five gallon buckets and 6 boxes of drywall mud
Ten 8 foot 2x6
10 bags of feed.

Same trip. I had so many people shaking their heads.

Wife had an 03 wagon. Had a 5.9 cummins in pieces for the machine shop in the back of it. Only 800-850 pounds.