score. free plants.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:fl they'll come back for you!

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm sure they eventually will. But I was hoping to have some this year. Oh well.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wish I could send you some of mine. I can't wait until raspberry season. I just picked about 3 quarts of strawberries. We started with 25 plants a few years ago. Now, we have more than we know what to do with. They are planted all around the outside of our chicken run, so any that are malformed or have bird or bug holes go to the chickens. They love 'em; so do we...and out next door neighbor. I gave her about a quart of them.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ohhhhh.

Someday. Some,,,,day. I'll be set up like that. I want to do a pure raspberry wine. No sugar. No extras. Just raspberry and yeast. But it'll take like fifteen pounds of them.

But the fruit perishes so dang fast. The natural yeasts start to ferment the fruit almost as soon as you pick them.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'll send you raspberry bushes; you send me wine! :thumbsup If only it was that easy. :cool:

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mhm. We might be able to figure out a legal way to do that.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. September is when we're supposed to go to crewing hours. I'll actually have time off then.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ok so,,,, these hours are killing me.

Last week I went back to third shift hoping to finally get back into my garden and weed and prune. Its a frigging jungle. I put in 24 hours of overtime this week and we'll the last two weeks before as well as 8 hours of double time on Sunday. I'm off tomorrow and all next week. Finally.

So I finally made it into my gardens. Cucumbers are overrunning peppers. Tomatoes are overrunning carrots. Corn has weeds as tall as the corn. I actually had to mow the weeds down. Like litterally with a push mower.

And to top it off. All my strawberry and raspberry bushes are dead. Every one of them. I don't know how. Yeah I was worried about the transplants. But the ones I bought from the store and planted? How the hell did they wither and die? Seriously.

But on a good note. I do have a cucumber and two tomatoes that I picked. Hehe

20160625_104543.jpg

Sorry. I thought it was funny. But I'm very tired.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
LOL... I have a picture of a radish that I grew that looks amazingly like... umm... well... you know!

But, congrats on cuke and maters!

Reactions: CJ1