Score on some venison! :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We let Tony's friend Scott hunt our land. He is a trophy hunter now. He does bow, muzzleloader, shot...all he can....cause he loves it....but the meat is donated to soup kitchens and such so the deer is not wasted.

But he kept some from a 165 lb buck he got. He gave Tony 10 packs to day and a small package of tenderloin. We friend up some for sloppy joe and the meat was DELISH! Whoever processed for him did a wonderful job.

So Tony is now talking about buying Scott's old bow.....Tony used to bow hunt----and he wants a muzzleloader--blah, blah.....all excited again because of 10 packs of vension. HA HA

so it was a good score. more free food in the freezer...never can go wrong with that!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Cool! I love it when all the networking works out! Chad just bought another shotgun...$600, and told me after the fact. Ugh...I'm not helping him pay for it and luckily the guy is not in any hurry to get paid so he said he would take whatever whenever.

It's funny how something like that will spark an obsession! I get excited over deer meat too so I can't complain...I got a 4 pointer and a doe this year so I contributed...Chad got a spike and a doe too so we're okay for now.

Congrats!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Awesome!! Meat in the freezer for free is always a good deal!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea lori I know what you mean with the spark on the excitement!

everytime I hit the store and see a new horse saddle, anything horsey, I want to run out and buy 2 new horses ---RIGHT NOW!

LOL

Tony gets that way with the guns and bows and stuff. He loves bow hunting but doesn't have time to barely hunt with the gun so he kinda drop it and his bow is in storage and ancient....so this chance to get the new one.....oh yea, he wants it.

Men love their toys.....who am I kidding, women love their toys also..HA HA HA