Scored!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we have been talking alot about garden expansion. i really want raised beds but the price of lumber is crazy.

just so happened that my kids boy scout troop is rebuilding a bunch of picnic tables for a park and they needed someone to haul off 2 truck loads of lumber.

tonight the boys dissassembled 6 of them and neatly stacked all that wood in the back of my truck. So far we have 12- 2"x12"x8' boards, and too many 2"×6"×8' to count.

its not the best lumber, it has marks, and some bad spots, but its plenty good enough for a few raised beds and you cant beat the price.

i guess im gonna have to really crank up the compost making. ive been slacking the past year or so.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
we have been talking alot about garden expansion. i really want raised beds but the price of lumber is crazy.

just so happened that my kids boy scout troop is rebuilding a bunch of picnic tables for a park and they needed someone to haul off 2 truck loads of lumber.

tonight the boys dissassembled 6 of them and neatly stacked all that wood in the back of my truck. So far we have 12- 2"x12"x8' boards, and too many 2"×6"×8' to count.

its not the best lumber, it has marks, and some bad spots, but its plenty good enough for a few raised beds and you cant beat the price.

i guess im gonna have to really crank up the compost making. ive been slacking the past year or so.
Awesome score 👏

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep, you sure lucked out!! 👍 And loaded you up, too. 😁 Heck yeah!! Sounds like maybe you took a little " homesteading" break last year. Glad you're back. Sometimes we need a "time out" to refresh.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we got one bed all but finished. i decided to try a hukleculture bed (sorry not good at german words) threw a bunch of wood and leaves in and started cleaning out coops to fill it the rest of the way with compost. it will be a fun experiment.
20240406_194235.jpg
20240406_194239.jpg
20240406_194652.jpg