Scrounging became CRIMINAL this weekend...

savalot

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Oh sure !! Because license plates can be cleaned off and slapped on a stolen car..... As if a common man or woman , is up to no good.:idunno

chickenjoe

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh sure !! Because license plates can be cleaned off and slapped on a stolen car..... As if a common man or woman , is up to no good.:idunno
The part I found odd was within a minute or two of picking it up a cop came by. If it fell off a car I'm sure they wouldn't have pulled up that fast.

savalot

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
UNFORTUNATELY DISCRIMINATION HAS NO BOUNDRIES , CHICKENJOE. YOUR PROBABLY RIGHT ON YOUR ASSUMPTION. BUT I WONDER IF THEY WOULD HAVE AN EYE ON YOU JUST BECAUSE OF YOUR LITTLE HOBIE ?? I FIND IT OFFENCIVE THAT THERE IS SOME OUT THERE WHO THINK THAT PEOPLE WHO DO THINGS UNLIKE EVERYONE ELSE IS UP TO SOMETHING. I HAVE A NAME FOR THAT...PLASTIC PEOPLE...YOU PROBABLY KNOW A FEW.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I guess it is time to bring them all the garbage you can find and let them decide what to keep...Like I said before, get all of your friends to bring ALL of THEIR garbage to the Sheriff's office and leave a note of apology for removing the garbage from its previous location.
That really sounds like a "sting" and they were looking for someone else...(I hope)

savalot

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Icu4dzs you do have a point !! But if I was to suggest that , everyone would back out of doing it.:hide

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, once they have ALL the garbage collected for a single day, and an apology for picking it up, maybe they'll find more important things to do such as catch REAL criminals rather than good citizens who are cleaning up the environment.
Just a suggestion...lOL

savalot

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Your suggestion is a fine one. I have vowed to clean up some of these bad areas around me this spring, and make some noise while I do it. Its a community thing year round, not just green up day. Green up day around here is the most important parts of the town and leave the rest...:idunno

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Icu4dzs, I heard a slightly more recent recording of Alice's Restaurant, performed by Arlo... but he added a little more to it... Seems he got invited to the White House (I don't remember which president) and during a conversation with scion of the house he found out that there was a copy of Alice's Restaurant in Nixon's library. Now he wasn't gonna make any bold accusations, but he got to thinkin' about that 17 minute blank spot in the tapes (remember that?) and just wanted to mention that there aren't too many songs out there that are 17 minutes long... (cue chorus)