Sebrightmom's new start

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well I have been with my husband since I was a senior in high school. We have been married for three years but have been together for 8 1/2. We have had our ups and downs a lot of it due to his family. He had to buy our first house three years ago that is across the street from them which was our first mistake. His father has a farm that my husband was raised on. He still helps every day after work and all day long every weekend. We have been here three years and each year I am doing more and more by myself because he is never home. Finally, I have had enough. I told him it is our family (myself and the two little ones) or his father's family. Well he choose his father. So after all these years I have been a stay at home mother raises his kids, he wants a divorce. I am upset by this of course but then I think about I am already doing everything on the farm myself already. I do get money from the farm and I also have a small business that I started. I know that I can get by on my own. I have been looking for a house that will be perfect for the kids and animals. I think I have found it. My mother is helping me get this place. It is a farm with 18 acres. It has several outbuildings. I just need to get the fence up. After all these years with the same person, I am scared to be on my own because I have always been with him. I see this as a new start. Maybe not the way I wanted to start out on my own, but it is what it is. I am just looking forward to being able to do everything the way I want even if I never get a break. We plan to make an offer on the house tomorrow. I sure hope that I get it.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Wow, hugs to you and your kids!! I am astounded to hear how many people are getting divorced lately, --it is really unnerving. A few on this forum, and many in real life. I hope you get your land and can live out your dream, even if it is not how you had originally planned.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
:hugs Sebrightmom - you sound like a strong woman! I will keep you and your kiddos in my prayers.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
:hugs It's never easy, but you were already used to him not being there for you.
It sounds like you have the strength and the experience to make things work out for you and the kids. Good luck!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
:hugs SIL's divorce just became final. Different circumstances and they were married for 25 years, but he was always at work and decided he never really wanted to be married and have a family after all that time. She and the kids were already used to him never being around so not much has changed really.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that sucks but wow you sound like one strong secure woman with a good head on her shoulders! you WILL do fine :)

sorry that your having to go through this but im so glad you have a good strong head and sense of self sercutiy and worth through it.
too many women loose their identidy during times like this...
you dont sound like that kind of person!

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
THanks everyone for the kind words. I know we will be just fine. It is just getting started that will be the hard part. The house only have one strand of fence that goes in a straight line. So I will have to put of the rest of the fence which isn't too bad. I was raised on a farm so I have done fence before. I am just ready to get started. The house hasn't been lived in within the last year. So I can move right in as soon as the loan goes through.