Secret Santa thought.....

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Ok, so when I was a Mod on another forum, we did Secret Santa....it was lots of fun, and I thought it would be really neat to throw the idea out to you all. What do you think?

I think it would be really cool to recieve a SMALL homemade gift, a jar of jelly, or homemade hot pads, or something SS.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Wow, neat idea!!

Are you volunteering to coordinate it? If so, sign me up!

Now I gotta think of what I can make...:|

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm in!! How would we know who we are going to be a secret santa for? Wow this will take some serious thought as to what to make. :hu

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
never heard of secret santa thru a forum...LOL...good idea!

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Ok, here's how it works:

One person is in charge of the list of participants and their addresses

If you are under 18, you must have your parents' permission

Once all participants have submitted their info (through PM of course) the person in charge then sends (via PM) the addy to you of the person you are crafting for.

For example, Patandchickens may get FarmerChick's address, but that does NOT mean that FarmerChick will have Patandchickens. She may have Beekissed's address. Hope that made sense, lol.

Anyway, all gifts need to stay under $5 if purchased, of course there is no value on homemade! :) There will be a deadline of address submissions, as well as a deadline for shipping. This way everyone is on track and nobody loses out. Then there will be a "what did you get?" thread, where you can brag about who your Secret Santa was, and what wonderful gift you received. You can post pics, etc.

Usually a Mod was in charge, mainly due to the trust factor, but that is entirely up to everyone here....I'm not offended in the least bit if you want a Mod or someone more responsible (lol) to handle it. :)

Overseas people are more than welcome to participate (not sure if any are on here)....when I played I actually recieved a homemade Christmas ornament from Austrailia...it was really cool! Of course, the deadlines for shipping overseas are earlier, obviously due to the 'slow boat' issue. lol

So there ya have it....if Nifty sees this, or if someone wants to bring it to his attention, we can see if its approved....if you all decide after reading this that you don't want to, its no biggie, it was just a thought on my part. No offense will be taken at all! ;)

Oh yeah, and you have to keep it a secret as to who you have! We can also create a "what do you like?" thread, so people know if you do or don't like candles, or if you are allergic to certain things, etc.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I think you'll definitely want to run it past Rob as there have been Problems in the past with similar things on BYC... I would *hope* that with the smaller, more 'known' bunch here it'd be ok.

I participated in Secret Santas for years and years on a horse-related listserv, and it was LOADS of fun, and would definitely be up for one here.

Pat

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Oh I wouldn't do anything on here without running past Rob..oh no! lol Glad everyone seems to like the idea though! :)

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if and when we are going to do a secret Santa thing? I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what I could give as a gift.

Latest posts