Self-Sufficiency vs. Homesteading

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Trust me MINE are free thinkers. Mostly they are free to wonder about how weird their mom truly is! :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hee hee hee as for the free thinkers... i've been laughing (quietly to myself) for the last hour. you know how sometimes you have traditional/conservative parents and you get a really liberal/free thinking kids?

well.

my MIL is/was a ultra-liberal, hippy kinda gal - and her son, The Big Man, is the most conservative, red neck, gun totin', big truck drivin, church goin', flag wavin' kinda guy you can imagine. i've laughed about this for YEARS. but lately its getting funnier by the day. sigh. you never can predict what how kids are going to turn out, i think.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I used to have a theory that since kids always do EXACTLY the opposite of what you really want the to do we would be best off to wait until they were teenagers (at least give them a normal good start) and then begin to party like it was 1999. (Oh yeah that was a few years ago now wasn't it!)

Perhaps THAT would make them all turn out like a bunch of calm conservatives!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hee hee hee hee hee

unfortunately i know of a family where that didnt work AT ALL. in fact the mom kinda took a 'wild' turn and the teenage gal went right along with her. at that point i couldnt tell how was the teen and who was the mom! the mom finally snapped out of it - by then the teen was totally out on a wild streak..and still is.

one year The Big Man put a big ol' republican sign out in the yard just to irritate his mother. i've never stopped laughing about it. i think she finally got so mad that it went into the burn pile.

ps party like its 1999? oh that so OUR generation! hee hee hee hee

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
For me, it's been a real joy and adventure to watch DD grow up and develop her interests. It's actually kinda funny that she's so much more conservative and responsible than I and DH are.. never really expected that.

I don't always agree with her views or attitudes, but it sure is fun to debate them and see how good she is at defending her position.

She is not very much into the SS lifestyle, but as I have said elsewhere, she has been watching me enough to utilize parts of it if she gets to a point where she needs to. I am satisfied to know that she is flexible enough in her attitudes to be willing to do what she has to to get by, rather than just sit around complaining about how unfair life is and expect everybody else to do things for her. That to me constitutes a strong and mature woman (no small feat for a 20 year old).

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Why does it frighten me that a man - formally known as Prince - seems to define a group of old people? !!

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Why does it frighten me that a man - formally known as Prince - seems to define a group of old people? !!
That is scary,...and who's old FF????? :plbb

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
its funny i dont FEEL old... but i do think that i heard van halen being retooled as Muzak at the grocery store the other day....

Latest posts