Senate Bill 510 passed cloture

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Buster said:
SKR8PN said:
Yesterday, Senate Democrats were crowing about this bill. Today, theyll be eating crow.
Okay, so blatant partisan politics is okay on this board now? At least, I assume so since this post has stood for over a day now.

Which is fine by me, as I can argue politics with the best of them. :D

Let me know, mods. I can live with it either way.

PS: The bill is considered a BIPARTISAN success. As in, both parties participated.
Buster....all I did was post an article about WHERE the bill stood. The intent was NOT to add any partisan politics to the thread. It was merely informational and not meant to stir the pot, which appears to be your agenda. :frow

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Buster said:
SKR8PN said:
Yesterday, Senate Democrats were crowing about this bill. Today, theyll be eating crow.
Okay, so blatant partisan politics is okay on this board now? At least, I assume so since this post has stood for over a day now.

Which is fine by me, as I can argue politics with the best of them. :D

Let me know, mods. I can live with it either way.

PS: The bill is considered a BIPARTISAN success. As in, both parties participated.
Is it truly a success if it puts the squeeze on small producers, or limits our choice in seed selection by choking out the little guys??

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Assign me a page or two.
it's 242 pages. and from what i've read so far, it's mostly legalese and hard-to-follow changes to the existing regulations.

what i would like to do would be to take each section separately, provide the summary and a link to the actual text for anyone brave enough to slough through it, and then have a group discussion about what it all means and how it changes things.

Buster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Buster....all I did was post an article about WHERE the bill stood. The intent was NOT to add any partisan politics to the thread. It was merely informational and not meant to stir the pot,
:lol:

Buster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
bibliophile birds said:
anyone interested in trying to do an in-depth discussion of the actual bill? i would like to go through it section by section with other smart, sufficient people
Dang!

Well, that leaves me out.

:D

Buster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Ok, I admit I haven't been following THAT closely, but apparently Micheal Pollan and some others that did Food Inc are for this bill. What's with that?
Perhaps we should let them speak for themselves...

"This legislation is by no means perfect. But it promises to achieve several important food safety objectives, greatly benefiting consumers without harming small farmers or local food producers.

"The bill would, for the first time, give the F.D.A., which oversees 80 percent of the nations food, the authority to test widely for dangerous pathogens and to recall contaminated food. The agency would finally have the resources and authority to prevent food safety problems, rather than respond only after people have become ill. The bill would also require more frequent inspections of large-scale, high-risk food-production plants...."

Source: "A Stale Food Fight", By MICHAEL POLLAN and ERIC SCHLOSSER