Shiloh Acres - RAIN!!!!!!! and maple syrup! ;)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
We finally got a little rain too. I can easily do the hand watering because my yard is so small. Last time they got all silly on the restrictions, I started using the washing machine rinse water to keep the grass alive :D

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well ... I have a few ferns and caladiums by the door. And I'd hand water my tomatoes, potatoes, peaches, peppers, figs, grapes, and berries if I had to (but it would probably take SEVERAL hours, lol.

I guess I'm not going to stress much about the grass/pasture. The rain has greened up a few blades, in some places where it's overgrazed it's already gone, and ... I dunno. I guess I'll do the best I can. That's where the septic sprays, but the part the animals are on is still almost gone in spite of frequent septic waterings. I'll DEFINITELY save rinse water and other gray water I can for the plants if I need to.

It looks like we might get a little more rain. I'm going to place barrels to catch it from the downspouts in case we do. There's something almost magical about the way plants respond to rain as opposed to water from the hose. Minerals, maybe?