Shoot me...hubby just took out the tailgate and

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
bent the "HE double hockey sticks" out of it.

He pulled the fifth wheel out WITHOUT dropping the tailgate.

holy cow. he is so mad at himself.

washed the truck and big fifth wheel in close to 100 deg. heat....so tired he finally backed it up to put it away thinking he had the tailgate down and BAM. He can't believe how stupid he was.

called insurance. about $2500 to get the new tailgate to match. thank goodness for insurance.

after the new tailgate is handled, he is giong to buy a 5th wheel tailgate. one we can put on and go on vacations etc. when done hauling he can change back to the good Ram tailgate.

I tell ya lately it has been awful about the problems we are creating. yes we are doing it to ourselves. insane LOL LOL

breaks my heart to look at that bent tailgate. UGH but all is fine. will get fixed but geez....

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've known a few people who've messed up their tailgate doing stupid things, so tell him he's not alone. :hugs

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My dad did that with his goosenecck horse trailer. I want to get a flat bed to prevent ME from doing it because I'm sure I will at some point.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
It's even worse when someone else does it. Went to haul steel one day, and the magnet crane operator jerked my tailgate completely OFF my truck and warped the snot out of it :somad Of course they have signs posted everywhere "not responsible for damage to vehicles" so sucks for us that the dork was clumsy :rant It still closes, but there is a slight gap on the left side. *sigh*

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh yes he is so disappointed in himself.

Lately everything we touch is being destroyed! :)

We just have to not touch anything and we should be fine LOL

We never ruin anything and NOW over the last few months we have destroyed so much :rolleyes: I tell you we are walking disaster areas :p

well all can be fixed but at some point we have to stop destroying it all :D

and it feels good to know we aren't alone in tailgate troubles ;)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FC, just don't hurt YOURSELVES, and I think this stroke of destruction will eventually pass. :hugs DD has been accident prone lately too, but she hasn't hurt herself, she just tried to kill my food processor last week after she run over a tree in the neighbors golf cart and tore up her iPod :lol: I think there are just months like that sometimes where everything goes wrong. ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yup I think so also. I had years of great luck now it comes back to bite me in the butt LOL hopefully we are done breaking things :)

oh estimate I typed wrong. meant to type $1500. sounds better than 2500 :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Oh yeah THAT number is definately better! :)

animalfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
oh yes he is so disappointed in himself.

Lately everything we touch is being destroyed! :)

We just have to not touch anything and we should be fine LOL

We never ruin anything and NOW over the last few months we have destroyed so much :rolleyes: I tell you we are walking disaster areas :p

well all can be fixed but at some point we have to stop destroying it all :D

and it feels good to know we aren't alone in tailgate troubles ;)
Get some cows. They can destroy everything for you and take the pressure off. My husband is getting sick of me asking " is that cow proof?"