shopping bags made from feed bags

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Too bad the gamebird feed bags I get are so boring :p

I guess I could just turn em inside out and make them plain white.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I made one a long time ago out of a sunflower seed bag, it was aweful to sew that plastic stuff. it was very cute but I probably wouldn't make another one.

I'll see if I still have the picture.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
SANY0411.jpg

SANY0412.jpg

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I made a few with my rabbit, goat, horse, and chicken bags. I stole someone's idea and put in gromets with rope handles. Made things a lot easier! I mainly use them for storing fabric scraps, loose items, and horse stuff. They are also good for gathering stuff in the garden!

Wifezilla, I don't think its a bad idea to turn them inside out....wonder if you could stencil your own design on them???

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I made about 6 of these back when I had a big box store nearby and needed bags for shopping. My kids gradually stole them all :p and I haven't made more. I have faithfully saved all my plastic grain bags down in the barn, though, waiting for the time to convert them into shopping bags.

Great job on the sunflower seed bag!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
It seems like this could be one of those "on the couch, watching tv, snowing outside" kinda projects and could be done by hand. Bargain store dental floss would work great, too, or even some kind of colored heavy thread like carpet thread might be decorative if one is reasonably good at hand-sewing. Hm. Might have to put the supplies next to my couch for "The Closer" and "So You Think You Can Dance" next week! :p

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Wait! Hold the phone! I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and it is gonna be a 2.5-3 hour drive each way! Shopping bags, here I come! :D