shortages? thoughts?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I'm having a heck of a time finding cream in WI. Organic Valley brand is the only brand I can have/get here (due to food additives in others). I think it has been 6 weeks sonce Ive seen it. I switched to half and half which doesnt have thickeners or diglycerides added.

Anyone else? IDK if I'm shopping the wrong days/times or if I should drive to a different city to find it
We are enjoying using the dehydrated cream powder

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No root cellars here. It would be flooded fast. I'd love to have one and have thought about building an earthbag or earth sheltered one above ground. The little shed I insulated does ok but it's small.

We've talked about a smokehouse but havent got around to it yet.

I'm thinking about building a small kiln if my test project does well. I'd dug down the 2 feet and chunked out some clay. Processed all the rocks out. It's now drying up some to workable stage. I'm thanking my wonderful art teacher who taught me how to do some of this in high school. Memories have come back well on it. There used to be a commercial clay mine down the road a few miles.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know the clay deposits they mined were up to 80 feet in thickness. There were several types there. When the hill they were mining was gone they quit. Can't dig down here without flooding. I was reading an old state report from the 1920s on clay and shale deposits here I found online. It was very interesting.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Its cherry picked information that is misleading. In 2011 to 2015 there were over 37 THOUSAND fires in industry/manufacturing facilities **per year**. Fires are not new and not a conspiracy.

This is not the the first round of avian flu. 2015 was worse.

There is no conspiracy. Fact checking is easy - more people should try it.

Latest posts