Should I purchase this?let me know right away!! SCORE!!! PICS!!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
In short:
Heck Yeah!
In the sunlight anywhere you have room!
Start your seeds, harden off seedlings, grow cool weather stuff longer into winter & warm weather stuff earlier & later in the year!

These are pretty nice for the price, relatively lightweight & they can really hold some heat. Especially if you keep big water bottles or have a small concrete slab you can set it on.

I think that was all your questions :D

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh boy. Don't be angry, but I'd say no. It does look pretty flimsy & small and it looks like it would fly away.
With the $100 you'd spend & with your skills, you could build one much nicer/sturdier that would last for years.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i agree it looks real flimsy and may only last until you get a strong wind and then your neighbors will own it

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had one similar to that once. I tried to leave it up year round and it rotted. The wind destroyed the cover. I think a bit of lumber and your old windows would be a better option. But I know you want something for the spring, and if you don't have time to build one this may work for the next couple of seasons. That and your kids may like to play in it. :idunno

gina

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Yeah, that does not look to me like it'd be good for much nor survive very long at all.

You could knock together something with 2x4s, 6-mil plastic vapor barrier, some duct tape and a staplegun that would work better and be much cheaper for that area covered; or a cattle-panel or pvc hoop version, again covered with 6-mil construction plastic. You'd be ahead most of your $100, and it would work better and last longer.

JMHO, good luck with whatever you ddecide,

Pat

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
So I get there and wanted to look it over, I kinda didn't wanna buy some junk that would hold up for a couple years. And like most mention, quality.

Turns out it has a 1 1/4 metal tube frame, nice heavy plastic sleeve housing, windows that roll up, and is general a nice size. I have the shelves to put inside already!!!! :weee I would say this was a SS SCORE!!!!

cid__0303001413d.jpg

cid__downsized_0303001413b.jpg

cid__downsized_0303001413c.jpg

I did get it for the promise cost of 100.00 but I had to adjust that price as I told them thats all the money I brought with me, so the adjusted the cost for taxes... HAHA!!! Yeah for me!!!!!

So whats damaged? It isn't, the bungee cords, nuts/bolts and instructions are missing. Guess what, I have all the bungees and nuts and bolts!!!

thfunny-2.gif