Sick goat

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
We finally got the Red Cell. Everyone is a week past the second dose of Ivo, and the young one is still hae issues.
She put weight on right away, which is wonderful!
But she looks like she has the worst case of dry excema I have ever seen. Nose and eyes still look horrible.

So I am going to dose all the goats with Red Cell over the next week, according to the link provided, and see what happens.
All the other goats are doing great, by the way.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It takes no time at all for them to go downhill in condition but FOREVER to bring them back.

The two does of mine that lost a lot of weight are doing well also - one is looking almost in mint condition and the other is slowly tipping the scale.

Something to consider, though, if she doesn't start putting more weight on is to give her another class of dewormer like safeguard/panacure (same thing).

I agree - go with the red cell for a week and give them their 2nd follow up doses of ivomec.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
glenolam said:
It takes no time at all for them to go downhill in condition but FOREVER to bring them back.

The two does of mine that lost a lot of weight are doing well also - one is looking almost in mint condition and the other is slowly tipping the scale.

Something to consider, though, if she doesn't start putting more weight on is to give her another class of dewormer like safeguard/panacure (same thing).

I agree - go with the red cell for a week and give them their 2nd follow up doses of ivomec.
They all had two doses of Ivo, and this doe did put her weight back on Its just her skin and hair are still very nasty to look at.
WE are pretty sure she is pregnant too, but I have lost the date that I wrote down for her :hide

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ooops - I read that as they are a week past DUE on the 2nd dose. Sorry!

Glad to hear it's just her coat that's a little rough. Do you add BOSS to their grain/meals? That would help with the shine.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
glenolam said:
Ooops - I read that as they are a week past DUE on the 2nd dose. Sorry!

Glad to hear it's just her coat that's a little rough. Do you add BOSS to their grain/meals? That would help with the shine.
They get Barley and BOSS everyday :)