Sign of the Times

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Saw that on our news this morning. Said so many people came and picked up vegetables that they had to cancel the second day. The fields had been picked clean!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
My goodness. I read that and could only wonder how many of those people actually needed that food and how many were there just because it was free.
I wonder if people who show up just to get something free realize how they affect the people who really, really need it.
But it was really nice of the farm to open their fields like that.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I saw it on our local new here this morning. My husband seemed surprised there were so many people. I told him if we lived closer I would have been there as well.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
People are scared and rather work for some food and save their money too. The stupid tv news is full of "dire" stories- bad if stock market goes up, bad if it goes down- bad if prices go up and bad if they go down- bail out means ruin, no bail out the same.
Even if you haven't suffered any problems, it's hard to maintain perspective these days.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
That link still works for me, but the one my husband sent me didn't work for me yesterday.

Search for Denver Post and then once on their site, search the site for "farm food" and it should be the first result.

Latest posts