Silly Rich People :)

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
We don't throw our tree, we add growth hormone to the water, and when Christmas is over and it has sprouted some roots, we wrap it up in a rootball and plant it in the spring.
Wow. That is a fascinating option. I never would have thought of that. What kind of tree do you buy? Do they have a good survival rate?

Cassandra

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I'm kinda like FC - I like looking. But, I'm thinking, "I bet I could find that or make that alot cheaper."

Oh, if you like a little glitz on your tree, try spray painting ordinary things you find in the woods with gold paint (pine cones, sticks, magnolia leaves).

Last year, I painted forkety (I know Dac, not a word) sticks and magnolia leaves. Combine with a few Nandina berries and, wa-la, a very ritzy looking arrangement.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cassandra said:
lupinfarm said:
We don't throw our tree, we add growth hormone to the water, and when Christmas is over and it has sprouted some roots, we wrap it up in a rootball and plant it in the spring.
Wow. That is a fascinating option. I never would have thought of that. What kind of tree do you buy? Do they have a good survival rate?

Cassandra
We usually buy a Fraser Fir as they retain their needles really well, but next year we're thinking of getting a Scotch Pine for the nice full look.

Latest posts