Skills Bank

BACOG

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The thread "What would you want to learn to do?" by Quail Antwerp got me to thinking. (some people might say that is a dangerous thing).

There a lot of things that people here want to learn and other people that have those skills.

Could we start a tutorials section & maybe put it under the Main heading right below Sufficent Self News? Have it just for people to post "How to" articles. I am just getting back to my country roots and there is a myriad of things I need to know and there are other things I have skills in that I am more than willing to share.

To keep it form getting clogged up we could have it just for posting articles. If someone has a question & needs to contact the author they could do it by PM or e-mail.

I think this would help a lot of folks.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Great idea!
Are you going to subdivide it by material (wood, metal,glass, etc.) or by use (motors, animal shelter, etc.)?
Trim sends
//BT//

BACOG

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I could start a thread on it but I was thinking it's own section right under the Sufficient Self News in the main part. But wouldn't we have to have a moderator do it if it was anything other than a thread?

BACOG

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have been reloading my own ammunition for years & it would be very easy to do a tutorial on it.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Many things I would like to learn. But please add LOTS of pictures and detailed instructions! I am mostly the kind of person that needs "walked threw" most things.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You could use the Personal Page(s) to make the tutorials.

I've got several pages that I want to put together on different projects we've done here...spring got here too quick and still haven't done them yet. :(

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a good idea.

Just thought I'd mention there are quite a few posts & threads already on here that are of that type. Some have links for Youtube instructional videos.

Some of the topic forums they're on are Do-It-Yourself Projects, The Tool Shed, and Gardening on Your Homestead. Other ones, too, I'm sure.

Flytyer24

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ya this is a great idea... Some of my other forums I am part of have like a technical documents page. Where you can post stuff like blueprints... instruction sheets... other documents that are of use.

Handy stuff. That way there won't have to be the same thread over and over.