Small Investment Purchases

walkaboutjacks

Power Conserver
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
I used to use a small paper clip for the wax. I also had a manicure kit that came with a tool that was great for it. The end was shaped like a tiny oar. I used it for my ears till it got lost. My mom said it was for pushing cuticles back, but I'm suspicious it may have been an ear wax tool.
Nope...your mom was correct! cuticle pusher backer :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Oh you all have to get one of the refillable non stick sprayers! I LOVE mine!! It's called a Misto, you can buy them on Amazon for about $10 and save a good bit of money not buying non stick sprays. You just refill it yourself with the oil of your choice, pump the top, and spray your pans. I use mine several times a day. :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
I want a Misto. Very cool.
I got mine FREE using Swagbucks ;) Another good way to save a bit of cash. I cashed in my Amazon gift cards from Swagbucks and got it. If you haven't yet, you should try it! Link is in my siggy. I make maybe $20 a month on there, but just searching for stuff I'd search for anyway. so it's worth the effort of signing up :hu

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I bought a Misto with Swagbucks! Great minds think alike. ;)

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Leta, I have a Brother printer. DH has an HP at his desk, but it's used primarily for faxing. The Brother was given to us, still in the box, by DS#2. Otherwise we just need one. :D

I gotta check out these swagbucks and Misto. I don't order much online anymore, but I did get a gallon of olive oil, the printer ink and some honey on amazon just a couple weeks ago.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Several of us have referral links in our sig lines. You get bonus bucks for signing on with a referral, and it helps others get more bucks too.

Leta, you should get a referral link in your siggy girl!!! It helps ALOT!

myzanya

Power Conserver
Reaction score
the last year and a half I have made some purchases...that though expensive...well pay off in the long run...

excalabut dehydrator...make my own tea...no buying package convenience mixes make my own...provide healthy storage option...

canner..hopefully will last a life time

a greenhouse...

I have gotten all thease items for less than

all thease come to less that a moths comercial rentage...and will allow me to provide not only for my family...but provide..the backbone..to make and create...for market sales...

I have no problem paying for something that will provide self sufficiencey in the long run

eg chickens
pasta maker
kitchen aid..

pressure cooker...one of the best most loved investment...