Smudging for Health

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is interesting. I had never heard of smudging. And incense makes me sneeze - but maybe that is because of the residual pot smoke that is usually present when my friend burns his incense. I know that marijana makes me sneeze - turns out my little sister has the same issue. Poor her, the neighbor planted hemp this year instead of the usual corn crop. She has been stuffy and sneezing most of the summer.

I wonder if smuding sets off the smoke detectors, lol. Our new smoke detectors give verbal alter and when asked where, will beep that detector only.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is very interesting. I wonder if white sage would grow here.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
the neighbor planted hemp this year instead of the usual corn crop. She has been stuffy and sneezing most of the summer.

Does that state monitor/license the hemp??

Here in VA they do!! Can't grow without a LOT of overseeing, documentation and licensure. Heck, I looked into it just to grow seeds to sell to farmers (BIG $$)...that's when I found out I might as well ask to have a whiskey still as it might have been a better chance at it. :lol: Plus, only certain strains can be raised.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Interesting site. Read about the smoke/smudging. I can see where that would create some fast absorption and cleansings Then I wandered thru a couple other articles and they feel the nighshades cause/increase many arthritic issues. :idunno Trust me, I'm still eating vine ripe tomatoes and eggplant and peppers. No arthritis, so plan to live dangerously. :D IF I had that issue I would do the "leave alone" test to see if it helped. Many foods have good and bad themes and chemicals.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another interesting thing I read- tomato leaves are not nearly as toxic as we've been led to believe. In fact, the article said adding a couple of leaves to your spaghetti sauce (aka Italian Gravy) will make it taste more "tomato-y" and it has the benefit of being good for blood pressure. I haven't had the nerve to try it yet though

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My grandma used to itch awful from the leaves/vines of tomato but could handle and eat the fruits.

I'd have to crunch a leaf in my mouth before I tossed it into pot of sauce...in case. :D

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My sheep eat tomato leaves. None are dead, still walking around eating things that they shouldn't-like peach leaves. LOL LOL

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I itch terribly from tomato leaves. I like most everything made from toatoes, but not raw tomato.

I used to never eat a raw tomato - it was a nightmare when everyone started putting tomatoes, lettuce and mayo on hamburgers around here. NO!, a hamburger has onions, pickles, ketchup and mustard. Period.
I am working on eating raw tomato's - I actually bought some grape tomatoes at the store because I was hungry for tomato cucumber salad.

Latest posts