SNOW IN TUCSON AZ!!

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My wife and I once drove down from BC (Canada), where we live, to Arizona in December, if I remember correctly. The friends we were visiting were in Flagstaff. We thought, if anything, by heading down into the Four-Corners states we were going to escape snow and cold. We arrived in Flagstaff in the midst of a snowfall that in less than a day wound up amounting to a foot of fresh powder! But that's Flagstaff, I suppose. I take it snow is not so common in the Tucson area, right?

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Joel_BC said:
My wife and I once drove down from BC (Canada), where we live, to Arizona in December, if I remember correctly. The friends we were visiting were in Flagstaff. We thought, if anything, by heading down into the Four-Corners states we were going to escape snow and cold. We arrived in Flagstaff in the midst of a snowfall that in less than a day wound up amounting to a foot of fresh powder! But that's Flagstaff, I suppose. I take it snow is not so common in the Tucson area, right?
Every few years we get a bit of snow down here in Tucson. In the winter the surrounding mountians get lots of snow. Mt. Lemmon. is about 10,000 ft. and it always gets snow when it rains down here in Tucson.