***SNOW***

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
o.K. i know this is not SS just want youall to know I woke up to winter 5 inches of the white stuff,I won't mind the snow so much if I didn't have to drive 20 miles one way to work.At least its not far down our lane to the county road and they are pretty good at keeping it clear mostly for the school buses, the stop is at the end of our lane. Well guess thats about it for outside projects this year, so now maybe I can get the inside of the house painted, had the paint since August.
Well Iam getting off, we have lost power twice since starting this post. you all have a great Sunday

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Enjoy your indoor time. Isn't snow gorgeous when you look at it - from inside your nice warm home? Hope your heating is NOT electric so you stay nice and comfy.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:D I'm looking forward to some more snow, now that our wood stove is up and working.

I'm so proud of my son who is having a great time splitting wood (he's 10) he is so proud of himself being able to split it, he has been issued his own mallet thing and splitting tool. :D

He just did a bunch today with his dad, we're expecting snow tomorrow through Tuesday!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
My wife is BEGGING..... no, make that PRAYING, for snow to get here so we can go skiing!
:weee :celebrate :ya :clap

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Our heating is electric,but we have a newer(5yrs)manufactured home and we had what they call alaskan pack insulation put in, so it is really well insulated. and our heating bills are not to high, last year about 100.00 and we have a 5 bdrm home.From what I hear from others in this area thats not bad.We have thought about a wood stove but it is alot of work, and with both of us working full time, we are just not willing to do the extra it takes. We had one in our old house and I hated the mess, and my ashma didn't care for it at all.
sun is out now and the road grader has been by, so all is well.:D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:ep

5 inches NOW.....yikes.

I hate snow now. Loved it when younger and skiied and cross country skiied and all that but now, older, heck no. I love my southern winter time. but in lieu of snow we get ice....but not that much thru the season so I am fine here.

If I have my way, in 15 years when I hit retirement, I am having 2 homes, one in NC (cause Tony will never sell or leave) and one home more Southern...like FL for winter.

I hate the cold anymore!!!