So I found a lump.....

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
last night sitting on the sofa I was cold so I crossed my arms and tucked my hands under my arm pits and noticed a lump in my breast. A pretty good sized one too. :rolleyes:

We don't have insurance right now, but I made some calls and I think a local Dr can get me in for an exam tomorrow and then he can refer me out to someone else for an ultra sound.

Fun.

Anyone here have any experience with this? I know that most lumps are benign but I also know someone (not well enough to ask) who recently was diagnosed with breast cancer....so I am a bit distracted today.

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I had a lump (ended up being a cyst) but I went to Planned Phood and they sent me to a nice little program that does the exams and all for free. You might check into something like that. Good Luck! Demand the best care you can get.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Dace, hopefully it turns out to be nothing to worry about. Not fun! I don't know about how the health system works in the states, so no help there, but I will be keeping you in my prayers. Please keep us posted!!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dace, Uggg. I hope all goes well with your exams. Cysts run in my family. Lumps and bumps all over. Yeah yeah TMI. Where you live now do they ave a community clinic? Vista has a huge one if you want to come this way. Or maybe they could refer you somewhere near you. You are in my thoughts. Gina

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Another cyst here, so hopefully that is all it is......but I know how scary it is!!!! Smooches!!! :hugs Bring a girlfriend with you if you can, it is good to have support from someone else with "twin girls!"

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive thoughts!
I know in my head that it is most likely nothing...but then those moments of fear come creeping up on me.
Just gotta get in and see the Doc tomorrow. I am half thinking that they will tell me it is just normal. I will keep y'all posted.
Thanks again for the pick me up :love

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Well I went for the exam today...the Nurse Practitioner who I saw is sending me for a mammo and ultra sound.

She said while the lump feels irregular, which is not good...it also feels mobile which is good. She also estimates that it is about 3 centimeters. So now I just wait for the next appointment.

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. I will keep you posted :)

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs I know it is stressful to wait and wonder, but at least she sounded positive. We'll keep you in our thought and prayers. :hugs