So we have this grain bin...

sparkles2307

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You know the round tin grain bins? We have a small one, probably 10 ft at the edge and 15 ft high at the top center and about 10 or 12 ft across I would guess. ANYWAYS DH and I are trying to figure out how to recycle it...what other uses it could have besides storing all of our aluminum cans till we haul them to the recycling center. I was thinking if we reduced the inner size it would make a great smoker... anyone else have ideas for a round bin?

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Problem with using as animal housing is that it is hellaciously hot in there in summer, and hellaciously cold and humid (humid = frostbite and respiratory disease) in winter.

Best use would probably be to offer it for sale and see if you have any takers. If not, you could disassemble it and use the parts (sheet metal, etc) much more easily than you can the whole assembled thing. Anyhow those are what most people do.

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Send photos please!
Yes please! We might be able to come up with a good use if we had a couple of pictures!

sparkles2307

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I will try to get a picture. Its on a circular cement base, you know out here in the midwest they set those big steel round bins up on cement to keep the grain dry. It is NOT under a shade tree, it cant be moved without being taken apart because of being bolted down to the cement base.
Here is a link: http://www.emseal.com/Products/Specialty/GrainBin/ElevatorwithTrain.jpg its one of those but small.