So What is a Country life

Okiepan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So if you had to describe it to others, who ask you just what is a country life to you ??

Is it a way of life ? , getting closer to to family , the environment, simpler lifestyle etc .

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can't describe it really.

To me it's just life as I grew up out and about at Grandma's and her sibling's houses in the country so much. Way more than my own brothers.

I learned to care for chickens and bottle baby lambs. Play with the goats. Everyone hated the smelly buck but me. He loved me though, and I could get him to do anything.

Yes, my parents lived in town, but it's a small town that had a population of 3000 when I graduated. The county fair was a big deal as we all grew things to enter. Almost all of our food was grown by us or relatives. Meat was hunted or raised by my Great Uncle. We fished because there are two rivers there plus 14 and under was free and trout is easy even for kids.

Driving there is a necessity, as there was no public transport even in Hermiston which was a big town. I think it was the year I graduated that they got their first cab service. It was 1 cab. Still no public transport but more cabs now.

Driving to a real "city" takes crossing state lines. Driving to a big city is 200 miles to Portland down the most boring sagebrush landscape in the Gorge.

Being stuck at home in winter because freezing rain is more common than snow. So you make sure you have enough food.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Country life....hmmm. first thing that comes to mind is actual "country" life.

We're not in town, and on a property that I can do whatever I wish. I can have my animals and grow my garden and nobody can tell me not to, lol.

In many ways it's more a state of mind and a lifestyle than a geographical location.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What is Country Life to me?

IMG_20211221_235555628.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Country life....hmmm. first thing that comes to mind is actual "country" life.

We're not in town, and on a property that I can do whatever I wish. I can have my animals and grow my garden and nobody can tell me not to, lol.

In many ways it's more a state of mind and a lifestyle than a geographical location.

You nailed it and drove it home FEM 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Latest posts