So where should we move?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Need a place that is small business friendly, politically leaning towards libertarian, no outrageous taxes. Climate-wise, nothing with prolonged, deep freezes. I am from WI and I am NOT going back to that nonsense ever again. Could be a little on the dryer side, but not desert. Some place that I can raise ducks and quail. No fire ant problems or killer bees preferred.

Does such a place exist? Am I dreaming?

We do like Colorado, but yesterday kind of scared us. Not making any immediate move, but looking for a possible 2-3 year exit strategy.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
What happened yesterday???

I won't suggest Nebraska, it can't be as pretty as colorado, and our winters are not nice at all.
California is lovely, but really EVERYthing is expensive. Other than those, I've only ever lived in Africa - and well I love it there, its downright bliss (cept the crime rate) - a tropical kinda weather but still small desert parts and mountains nearby.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea what happened yesterday to prompt you to move?

I give NC a vote.

Weather is wonderful and winters are very mild compared to the snowy areas lol

we have a very long growing season for gardens, animals do very well thru winters and summers are never "so hot" that animals or people fail to function

and we have mountains to the west, beach to the east and taxes etc are very reasonable compared to alot of places--lots of open country still in this state

I love my state actually lol

cjparker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We are happy here in the SE corner of Washington State, and it is similar to what you are talking about. The eastern part of Washington is not as liberal-leaning as the coast, but not exactly right-wing, either.

You might look into Walla Walla or the Tri Cities area, NOT Yakima.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
OREGON!!!

then we can be neighbors when we beat a path right out of this crazy state

:)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
OREGON!!!

Now dog gone it OFG....I was gonna try to get her to come TO Ohio!!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
ohiofarmgirl said:
OREGON!!!

Now dog gone it OFG....I was gonna try to get her to come TO Ohio!!
Baby they can barely handle ME! what are they gonna do with WZ!? whooot! we'd tip the balance of power to the Nerd Party

whoooooot!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Well, the topic is not one welcomed on this forum :D

Let's just say that if a certain person does to the State of Colorado what he did to Denver, we are all screwed. Go take a walk through downtown Denver sometime and you will know EXACTLY what I am talking about. :sick

And yes...go NERDS! Bwa haa haa!!!

While I love the climate in Oregon, as a small business owner a move to Oregon would be suicide. It's a shame. That whole state is very pretty.

Latest posts