So you want a tank of gas, do ya?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You want me to run a credit report, so you can take out a loan to pay, for that tank of gas? :mad:

IMG_20210308_155905396.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
there's been major storms and winter supply is always interesting. add to that the changes to the system due to The Crud[tm].

it's not the same as it was before, it may not ever be the same as before, or it might indeed get cheap again. i don't know.

what i do know, a lot of people drive big gas guzzling hogs for no real reason.

i drove a small car that was fun to drive and got decent gas mileage for over 20yrs, i'm pretty sure those cars still exist.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
there's been major storms and winter supply is always interesting. add to that the changes to the system due to The Crud[tm].

it's not the same as it was before, it may not ever be the same as before, or it might indeed get cheap again. i don't know.

i drove a small car that was fun to drive and got decent gas mileage for over 20yrs, i'm pretty sure those cars still exist.

Could you get a bunch of 2x4's, plywood and bags of of cement in that small car? I'm envisioning something like this...
car-loaded-lumber.jpg

Last edited:

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My pickup has about 2,000+lbs in it at all time's. Without the about 8,000lb trailer. My last job was 2,700ml round trip. I hope the next one is closer. But I do use the gas 4 wheeler around here for hauling up to a rick of wood.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

This forum is mostly populated by folks who are routinely carrying huge loads of animal feed, building supplies, 16' long cattle panels, yards of soil, compost, gravel, wood chips, manure. And, most of us live in rural settings. I live in snow country: need 4WD. A small car may be practical in the city, for the urbanite. But it would be totally useless for me, and many other members of this forum. As for blaming winter weather on the price of gas: Winter happens to be an annual event. Last time I saw gas pushing to the $4.oo/gal mark was during Obama years. During Trump years, the price has steadily decreased to the lowest level I've seen in 15 years. And, the price continued to go down during the last year of President' Trump's tenure (during the first 11 months of the covid plandemic). When I drive to town, it is a planned event. I fill up car or truck with all the supplies necessary to last us for a while. Long term grocery shopping, plus all the supplies to keep the farmstead running. a tiny car would be totally counterproductive. I'm glad that such a vehicle works for you. I totally lay all of the blame on the surge in gas prices, and the future resulting inflation on emperor biden and his pen.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gas here is now up to 2.50/gal and diesel is 3.25 and up different places.... That's $.60 in less than 4 months.

Yep... And just wait... If fuel prices continue to rise, most everything you buy will become more expensive.

I forgot the exact number, but the percentage of the number of items that sees a ship, jets, semis, trains or delivery trucks, at least once, before you buy it from the store is very high.

Higher transportation costs, means high costs at the stores. It's a no win/no win situation. We the consumers, will pay for the offset :(

Common Sense

Last edited:

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
e, most everything you buy will become more expensive.

We the consumers, will pay for the offset :(
I also think the same of rising minimum wage. But if you pay the same % in taxes at $15 as $10 that's you paying 50% more taxes WOW then the store price goes up and again you/EVERYONE pays MORE taxes.:he
Great plan really if your the one getting those taxes.:lol: