soapmakers journal Mri results are back

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
SheriM said:
I have trouble convincing people of this, but Nubian milk really does make better soap. I'm sure it's the higher butterfat content. I recently added a couple of Nubian crosses to my herd, just for the milk.

Now, before I offend anyone, let me say any good, fresh goat's milk will make a wonderful soap. I've used milk from purebred Boer, Boer crosses, dairy crosses, you name it, and they're all fantastic, but there does seem to be something special about the milk from the Nubians and crosses.
Really??

Glad to hear it!!! Lol, not that it would change my mind about the Nubi's.

SheriM

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nubians are definitely my favorite dairy breed too, but with our bitterly cold Saskatewan winters, they need a lot of extra care compared to the Boer.

soapmaker

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
ty tankshill! Today I made a lovely gm lavender and lemon soap. I think it is too lemony and needs a bit more lavender. I fell in love with yankee candle lavender and lemon and was trying to duplicate it without buying more frangrance oil...
It is a lovely lemon color and I really did not want it to gel. I like the creamy look when I use the gm so I usually put it in the freezer to prevent it from gelling.
Thanks for the tips of the nubian goats. I think i am leaning towards the nubians if I can convince my dh on the goats. :rolleyes:

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I'm with you, let's make a deal, you convince my hubby and I'll convince yours!!! :lol:

soapmaker

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Deal!!! I don't think nobody's dh will be harder to convince then mine!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
All you have to do is show him some baby goats playing....in real life is best, but youtube will do. I was gonna breed one doe this winter, now dh wants me to breed all four! He was against the goats originally! (I won't be breeding all four....)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
You need to include my DH in on the convincing! I want some milk goats too!!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Monique! I think we need to hold a 'Why You Need Dairy Goats' Convention! Give these ladies what they want! Lol.