Solar Flare to hit on the 8th or 9th

Seven Hens Farm

Power Conserver
Reaction score

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, one thing we know from past experience is that most of these events don't have much effect on grids, communications networks, etc.

We'll have to see with this 'possibility' for the 8th & 9th. Personally, I wouldn't make any predictions... or wagers! :/

Seven Hens Farm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I guess it was kind of a big one as far as solar flares go.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Try Space Weather for a scientific site that tracks solar activity and they not only report the magnitude of the event, but the likelihood of it striking Earth.

I find the news like to talk about "a big flare" without any mention of the potential for hitting us. YMMV

Mr.Andersson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Funny, watched Preppers last night, and one guy proposed this as being the reason he was prepping. Wake up this morning, and solar flare is on news, I thought I was still dreaming.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just saw it listed on the news. I certainly hope this won't be the EMP moment I am reading about like in the novel One Second Later. I have to many things on electronics(like my car). I don't really care about the cell or net though! Atleast if it happens I will be home not stuck on the highway somewhere.