Solar Laptop Charger?

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience or info on using a solar laptop charger? I've considered this for over the last year but haven't any idea where to start... Though I know I probably won't take no for an answer. I WOULD be willing to pay quite a bit for a reliable one that will last for years to come, so that is something to consider..

Any input? Are they worth it? How reliable?

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think they carry them in the EMERGENCY ESSENTIALS catalog...at least, they show a photo of a solar charger with a laptop hooked up to it...:)

heyroxie

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a laptop yesterday and I thought I could find some feedbacks about this too. I think it would really be convenient to have one. It would be great to hear it from you guys.

rubyluise

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Potable solar laptop charger are good equipment to extend the battery of the laptop. You can charge it by solar power does not need to plug in over the connector. Solar power laptop charger has available in two kind of charger , a Home charger and an Apartment charger. Both has different feature regarding its compatibility. You can charge a laptop for many hour because it contain a high watt panel and released a very good energy.

S

sunsaver

My new little netbook from BestBuy uses a charger that is 19volts x 1.2amps equals 22watts. I would use a 50watt panel (double my usage requirement as a general rule of thumb) with an El Cheapo brand inverter from InvertersRus.com or an outdoor goods supply, thats if all i wanted was to plug my laptop in to solar power. If you buy a solar charger already put together for that purpose, better make sure that it is the right wattage and tip polarity for your computer, else it could fry your battery, start a fire, or zap your cpu. If you have a 12volt adapter for charging your electronics from your vehicle's cigarette lighter, that device can be safely wired directly to a suitable size 12volt solar panel.

rubyluise

Power Conserver
Reaction score
sunsaver said:
My new little netbook from BestBuy uses a charger that is 19volts x 1.2amps equals 22watts. I would use a 50watt panel (double my usage requirement as a general rule of thumb) with an El Cheapo brand inverter from InvertersRus.com or an outdoor goods supply, thats if all i wanted was to plug my laptop in to solar power. If you buy a solar charger already put together for that purpose, better make sure that it is the right wattage and tip polarity for your computer, else it could fry your battery, start a fire, or zap your cpu. If you have a 12volt adapter for charging your electronics from your vehicle's cigarette lighter, that device can be safely wired directly to a suitable size 12volt solar panel.
It will be really great information thorough your details. I really appreciated your details. As I said before I can charge a laptop through many hours. I think before charging that according to your information I used to know about the watts. It is must necessary to check its compatibility also.