son allergic to milk, help

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Green leafy veggies will provide calcium needs~cows do very well on them, have the strongest bones ever. A good Romaine and spinach salad a day works wonders...of course, you can also include all the trimmings he might like. My youngest was allergic as well and we all cut out dairy from our lives for the next 15+ years. If you want to see how big and strong these boys of mine are, I'll post a pic...didn't suffer a bit without all the milk, cheese and etc.

They do, however, LOVE a good salad now and will come home to visit and ask me to fix them my "special" salad like they used to have. ;)

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. You guys are great! I picked up coconut milk and vegan butter like stuff for him. Now the journey begins to get him detoxed for lack of a better term. I think e is going to miss pizza the most.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We just make or order pizza with no cheese on one side.....works great and they get used to it. Still good...we just order extra pepperoni for the cheese-less side so that it has more substance.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
He can still have pizza, there are soy and rice "cheese" although they cost more.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks corn woman I will look again for them.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would try almond,rice,oat,hemp,or coconut *milks*. You can make them on your own,or buy the store ones with added vitamins.

I have read that people with milk allergies can drink kefir.There are flavored ones by lifeway if you want to give those a try.

I thought the soy cheese was pretty good.Rice one too. I also like the vegan cheese make from nuts.Interesting food world out there when you start avoiding dairy,wheat,or soy.It is fun to try things out!