South Africa!

WobblyWilly

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Y'all!

Used to be wealthy, now I'm not - it's that simple. :/

I need to become frugal, cheap, green, sensible, etc. I've been wasteful all my life and now my back is against the wall, but in a way, it's almost refreshing to be heading for self sufficiency.

I still have panic attacks, but they pass, and the next morning I take solace in my veg patch or watch the sun rise...

With education comes empowerment, and I hope to learn a lot here.

Have a great Sunday!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Used to be wealthy, now I'm not - it's that simple.
A lot of America knows exactly how you feel!

I hope there is some helpful information on this forum. I learn new stuff here all the time.

Welcome! :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
howdy!!!

tons of great info - consider this your 'second chance' and march forward...no anxiety necessary... one day, believe it or now, you'll be grateful to start over.

onward and upward!
:)

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Welcome :frow
I come from a wealthy family who lost most all of it except the house and car; So I've been on both sides.

All you need here is a thirst to learn. If you use the search function you can find loads of information. If it's not there, don't be shy about posting a question. Some of my questions weren't answered immediately but then a few weeks later someone joins the forum and knows exactly what I was looking for.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome! Lots of stuff to learn here!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Where in South Africa?

I grew up in Natal (Kwazulu Natal - LOL), on the coast - Amanzimtoti, and went to school there and for a while went to school in Port Shepstone. I moved to East London and finished up high school and college there... worked for a few years and then moved here! :D (California for 10 years and now Nebraska, I love moving around apparently)

I still have family over there, and love going to visit when I can. I spent a month over there on Honeymoon, visiting Kruger, and to Cape Town to visit family and then up to East London and the Wild coast - it was lovely!

I have figured out how to make a good Biltong X Jerky, and want to make some Droewors next.

I just make some Melktert and Koeksisters last week!

Ek kan nie so goed Afrikaans praat nie, maar ek kan a bietjie virstaan. :D