Southern Oregon Wanna Be Farmer Lady

MayLadybug

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Greetings from the Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon. I moved here last September and am loving it. One of the best kept secrets of Oregon. I live on a 20 acre hillside (facing the North) and am doing research on what wil grow well in this area and what all I need to do to start my own min farm. I hope to eventuallyl have Chickens, goats for mik, bees for honey and wax, possibly other farm animals and of course a long growing garden.

If there is anyone in my area that has some pictures of their mini farm to share and stories to share, I would be interested. Also would like to find out what is available in the way of educatoin for small farmers in my area.

Thanks in advance....and happy living off the land.

MayLadybug

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:welcome from West Tennessee! There are a few folks on here from Oregon, maybe they'll stop in and say Hi! :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome from South Jersey.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome from the Umpqua valley, just a hop, skip, and a jump north of you. No mini farm here, sorry, but I do enjoy my garden, and my chickens. Whereabouts on the Rogue are you, if I may be so bold?

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hello and Welcome to the forum! :frow

Rogue Valley...love the name! :D

Make yourself at home here and enjoy!!! :cool:

DianeS

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome! Near Eugene, here. But I have friends in Medford, so I've been through your area - it's beautiful!